Back End & Ops Engineer
The Dreem Story
In 2014, two engineering students from the École Polytechnique made a discovery. Non-invasive brain stimulations, triggered at specific moments, can enhance the quality of deep sleep. With sleep being one of the biggest healthcare and societal issue of modern times, and sleep problems being poorly covered by existing solutions, they decided to start Dreem. Their mission? Solve the global sleep crisis by developing the first ever reference solution to bad sleep. A solution that is non-invasive, efficient and complete enough to cover every case. Dreem also has a scientific and technical goal- understanding sleep and the brain, in order to develop solutions that can significantly and positively improve our health, well-being and performances.
- Look at our brand reveal video
- About page on Dreem website
- Hugo’s Medium post on our new branding and product announcements
- Our first public keynote
- Hugo’s 2017 TEDxParis talk
In the 4.5 years since its foundation, Dreem has filed 25 patents, developed 3 full iterations of the product, hired an international team of 80 experts, developed a research network of 25 laboratories and hospitals, helped thousands of people across the world to solve their sleep issues, and has collected the largest EEG repository in the history, by collecting more than 600,000 nights of data. Along the way, Dreem has raised more than $60M from Laurent Alexandre, Xavier Niel, MAIF, BPI and Johnson & Johnson - the world’s healthcare leader. Dreem has also hired 4 of the most renowned neuroscientists and sleep experts in the world, to support our scientific quest - Emmanuel Mignot (Director of Stanford Sleep Center), Christof Koch (CSO of the Allen Institute for Brain Science), Raphael Heinzer (Director of the CIRS of Lausanne) and Russell Foster (Director of the SCNI of Oxford).
- Our CEO’s Medium post on our latest round of funding
- Our corporate video introducing the team
- Our career page
- Our scientific publications
Think of working at Dreem like embarking on a journey with a crew of adventurers. We are sleep pioneers, a team of experts fascinated by science, technology and design. But most importantly we are obsessed by our product and by helping our users. Our fields of expertise encompass sleep research, mechanical engineering, machine learning, electronic design, embedded systems and calculations, testing, ergonomics, development of proprietary applications and software, design, marketing and much more.
We’re interested in how neurotechnology and sleep science can positively impact people’s lives, right now. No matter how much other technologies improve our lives while we’re awake, if we continue to sleep poorly, there will always be a barrier to true health, happiness and performance. That’s why sleep is our sole focus for the next five years.
Everything we do will always be driven by people: us, and the people we help. That’s how we’ll succeed: With a shared history, shared values and one shared goal. The goal? Within five years, we’ll have created a sleep solution that is more effective than anything else on the market. One that can help in 100% of cases of bad sleep. One that becomes the global reference point for sleep solutions. One that will have solve 500 000 cased of bad sleep worldwide.
- Our values
- The Dreem Book
- Company Slide Deck
- Welcome to the Jungle page
- Dreem in the media
- WTTJ Career Video
- Les Mutants
- Medium post by Gabriel, our PM in charge of the Dreem Band.
- Article on our Adventurers program by Artémis, Head of Analytics.
About the role
As such you will be a member of the software development team in our R&D facilities.
What's your mission :
- Build backend software
- Maintain and improve our infrastructure
- Work in a continuous integration and agile environment
- Collaborating with machine-learning, embedded software and mobile application specialist
You will be included in many development aspects (high-level and operational) of the company and the product. You'll also collaborate with the Application and Research team in our offices in Paris bringing together the team of marketing, business, operations, design and product.
Some projects you'll work on :
Back-end projects such as uploading large data files on a daily frequency, or a data processing pipeline which runs algorithms on our raw data, then making the results of these algorithms available through an API…
Maintenance and upgrades on our Kubernetes cluster hosted on AWS, ensuring that all our services are reliable and scalable.
- Back-End Development with Python
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and SRE best practices
- Experience in production environment
- Extra : Django, Knowledge of Front-end development.
Why is great to work @Dreem
- You will work in startup environnement with a lot of challenge and innovation: no time to boredom,
- You will have the opportunity to create your own career: fast progression and job switch possible!
- You will share and learn everyday with world class talents who are experts in their field and passionate about their daily work : let’s participate to our DreemCon (internal technical events),
- You will kept informed of all progress of the company with weekly and monthly meeting led by the co-founders,
- You will work in great office in central place and you will collaborate with our teams all over the world (Paris, NYC, Taipei),
- You will have fun! Thanks to our Happiness Officer who’s organize a lot of events to keep a good atmosphere (breakfast, monthly party, teambuilding,...),
- You will be invited to the annual summit : last time we went to Marrakech for an amazing summer trip together,
- You will be lucky to have the Dreem Headband whenever you want.
Bonus: Fitness room, good health cover “Alan”, Gymlib pass, qualitative corporate restaurant “Lecointre Paris”, nap rooms, BSCPE…
Our culture is reflected with a stellar Glassdoor rating : https://www.glassdoor.fr/Avis/Dreem-Avis-E1160223.htm